WHAT IS ANGER?
Anger is an emotional response to situations we perceive as being threatening or out of our control. It arouses powerful feelings and behaviours that help us to express negative emotions, to defend ourselves when we are attacked, or motivate us to solve a problem.
Everyone experiences and expresses anger differently. Some common signs of anger include:
- Clenching your hands or jaw
- Muscle tension
- Hands shaking or trembling
- Tantrums (in young children)
- Difficulty concentrating
- Staring, angry facial expression
- Rapid heartbeat and/or breathing
- Verbal expressions, such as yelling or cursing
- Feeling hot or cold