"The instructors were very knowledgeable and easy to understand. Overall the course was very helpful." - Past Participant
FOCIS is a six hour communication class, developed by Alberta Justice, Family Justice Services, for separated or divorced parents with children 0 - 6 years of age. This program assists participants to learn how to communicate more effectively with their co-parent for the sake of young children. Three outcomes will result in taking part in this program.
- You will learn how to communicate effectively and reduce conflict while parenting apart.
- You will know how to get your children out of the middle and to focus on making their lives easier and less stressful.
- You will become a good role model for your children.
In order to achieve these outcomes, the following seven topics will be covered:
- How conflict between parents affects children
- Communicating assertively
- Remaining calm during arguments
- Mindsets and how they affect conflict
- Resolving conflict through active listening
- Conflict styles and making them work for you
- How perception affects the way you communicate
|Feb 27 & Mar 6||Mondays||6:00pm - 9:00pm|
|March 25||Saturday||9:30am - 4:30pm|
|May 1 & 8||Mondays||6:00pm - 9:00pm|
|May 27||Saturday||9:30am - 4:30 pm|
Fee: No fee; Prior Registration Required