Benefits of Volunteering:
Volunteering is something you can do no matter who you are. As a volunteer you can make a difference. Volunteering presents ideal opportunities to gain information and exposure to a variety of different jobs and can also provide opportunities:
- Opportunity to develop strengths and skills through work experience.
- Opportunity to meet new people, extend your network and make valuable contacts in your fields of interest.
- Valuable training is provided for all volunteer positions.
- Build your self-confidence and feel valued.
- Enjoy the satisfaction of making a difference.
- Volunteer hours are logged and acknowledged.
- Letters of reference will be available for work performed which will add to positive work resumes.
If you are interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities at Family Centre, please make an appointment with the Coordinator of Volunteer Resources, Sara Dziwoki at 403-634-5601. She encourages you to come for a tour of the facility and find out more about the many programs offered.
Persons applying for volunteer positions are asked to fill out a volunteer application. Some positions may involve the volunteer to have a Criminal Record check and a Child Intervention check done.
Volunteer Board of Director applications are accepted January through March.