GET INVOLVED WITH PARENTS AS TEACHERS HOME VISITATION PROGRAM…
In the first few years, children learn more and at a faster pace than at any other time in life. You can help shape your child’s future through the kinds of experiences you provide. Your baby was born to learn, and as a parent you are your child’s first and most important teacher.
How do you help your children learn, grow and develop to realize their full potential?
Receive support from a certified Parent Educator trained to help you understand what to expect during each stage of your child’s development and to connect you to the resources you need to make the best choices for your family.
You will receive:
- Personal home visits customized to the needs of your family
- Developmental screenings to make sure your child is healthy, safe and developing on track
- Group connections to link you to other parents
- Referrals to community resources
- Access to parenting resource library
On each personal home visit we will:
- Look at your child’s development and talk about parenting challenges you face right now.
- Think about family dynamics impacting your child’s development and your parenting values and decisions.
- Build protective factors to keep you, your child and your family healthy, strong and resilient.
What research has shown about children involved in Parents as Teachers:
- They’re healthier.
- They score higher on Kindergarten readiness tests.
- They’re better problem solvers.
- They’re more advanced in language and social development.
Be a Parents as Teachers parent!
- Be confident in your role as a parent.
- Connect with your child through play.
- Get involved in your child’s education.
Parents can register in this FREE program during pregnancy or anytime before their child turns three years of age.
For more information call 403-320-5983. Lethbridge and rural services available.
Sponsored by Southwest Alberta Child and Family Services, Public Health Agency of Canada, Parent Link & Fort Macleod & Area FCSS