“The instructors were very knowledgeable and easy to understand. Overall the course was very helpful.” – Past Participant
FOCIS is a six hour communication class, developed by Alberta Justice, Family Justice Services, for separated or divorced parents with children 0 – 6 years of age. This program assists participants to learn how to communicate more effectively with their co-parent for the sake of young children. Three outcomes will result in taking part in this program.
You will learn how to communicate effectively and reduce conflict while parenting apart.
You will know how to get your children out of the middle and to focus on making their lives easier and less stressful.
You will become a good role model for your children.
In order to achieve these outcomes, the following seven topics will be covered:
- How conflict between parents affects children
- Communicating assertively
- Remaining calm during arguments
- Mindsets and how they affect conflict
- Resolving conflict through active listening
- Conflict styles and making them work for you
- How perception affects the way you communicate
|September 29||Saturday||9:30am – 4:30pm||Downtown|
|October 29 &
|Mondays||5:30pm – 8:30pm||Downtown|
Fee: No fee; Prior Registration Required