“It taught me what I need to do to be a good co-parent instead of focusing on all the hurt and anger I am feeling. Has really made me see what my child may be experiencing/feeling.” – Past Participant
PASS (Parenting After Separation Seminar) is a six hour communication class, developed by the Court of Queen’s Bench and Alberta Justice, Family Justice Services, for separated or divorced parents with children ages 0 – 16. It is required by the Court of Queen’s Bench prior to granting a final divorce decree.
Participants of this program will better understand how separation and divorce affects children, learn how to get support for themselves and their children, and make positive choices about working together with their co-parent.
There are eight main topics discussed in this program. They are:
- Maintaining a business relationship of co-parenting
- Strengthening the relationship with your children
- Parents’ stages of divorce and issues to resolve
- Strategies for effective communication
- Effects of divorce on children
- Implement parenting plans with your co-parent
- Accessing mediation and other conflict resolution practices
- Legal information on separation and divorce
All participants will obtain a user-friendly, detailed manual that explains everything taught in the course.
Date: Saturday, March 10
Time: 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
Fee: Free; Pre-Registration Required
Childcare is not provided.