WHAT IS ANXIETY?
Anxiety is an emotional state characterized by worrying or being fearful or nervous.
Your child may describe, or you may notice, the following:
– Physical complaints such as stomach aches, headaches, fatigue, etc.
– A feeling of butterflies in his/her stomach
– Often tired
– Sleep difficulties, such as trouble falling or staying asleep, nightmares, or night terrors
– Sweaty or shaking hands
– Trouble concentrating
– Being irritable or “on-edge”
– Excessive worrying and pessimism – having persistent anxious thoughts about everyday things